From: John Stone (johns_at_ks.uiuc.edu)
Date: Thu Jun 11 2009 - 08:59:54 CDT

Marius, Lucie,
  Axel and I did some testing (I'm at U. Penn. visiting his lab this week)
and it seems that the Fedora "legacy" NVIDIA 173.xx driver package
works fine also. I am in contact with the driver team at NVIDIA and
they are working on reproducing the problem in their lab currently.
If they can reproduce the problem in their lab, then they should be
able to tell us more about what's going on here. In the short term,
using the 173.xx driver series looks like it may be a viable workaround
until we have a better solution.

Cheers,

http://www.ks.uiuc.edu/%7Ejohns/>