From: John Stone (johns_at_ks.uiuc.edu)
Date: Wed Feb 25 2009 - 15:37:47 CST

Hi,
  There isn't any routine to compute angles from an arbitrary
transformation matrix. The main reason for this is that it's
problematic since one can have matrices that contain shear/scaling
components or a destructive warp transformation, and there'd be
no way to extract angles in such a case. Beyond that, the numerical
precision for angle extraction would be relatively low. If low precision
is all you need, then you could write some scripts to attempt to
either decompose a transformation matrix (on the assumption it only
has translation/rotation components).