From: John Stone (johns_at_ks.uiuc.edu)
Date: Mon Mar 03 2003 - 10:51:31 CST

Dear Joseph,
  At present, none of the cards I have tested work flawlessly on Linux,
with all the bells and whistles. I'm currently in the process of testing
high-end cards from 3DLabs and ATI on Linux. I can't offer any suggestions
yet, but the NVidia cards have had Linux drivers longer than any other cards,
so we know what most of the bugs are. With the other cards, it'll be a
little while before we know what their strengths and weaknesses are.
If anyone here has ATI FireGL cards running with VMD on Linux, feel
free to share your experiences with the group.