From: Jill Vickery (jvickery_at_uci.edu)
Date: Wed Feb 05 2003 - 11:47:55 CST

I am trying to set up a PC which will do 3D using stereographics emitter and
glasses (I know they are expensive but I already have 4 sets so I hate to
throw them away). We therefore need a graphics card that will work with the
emitter as well as with the software we will be running, mainly VMD and O.
We are currently looking at the PNY Quadro4 980XGL 8x AGP card running under
Windows XP. Does anyone have any experience with this card they could share
with us? I have seen some mention on the board that the nvidia cards give
some problems, and I was wondering if this is also the case for the
Quadro4s? We have already tried several 3D lab oxygen cards and it appears
their cards are very motherboard dependent, so I would like to steer clear
of 3Dlabs. Any suggestions on a video card with a 3pin stereo plug would be
much appreciated!!

Cheers!
Jill Vickery