From: Oliver Beckstein (oliver_at_biop.ox.ac.uk)
Date: Tue Feb 04 2003 - 09:58:54 CST

Hello,

Is it possible to 'remote control' vmd by having it monitor a FIFO or a
socket for python or tcl commands? I would like to use vmd as a 3D viewer
for another home grown, interactive application. Ideally, my application
generates data and vmd immediately updates position, orientation etc of
the molecules and objects that were externally createdp; vmd can be used
to rotate the scene, change representations etc.

Alternatively, I might be able to implement my application in python and
run it from within but for this I need a full working python interpreter
(see my previous post).

Cheers,
Oliver

--
Oliver Beckstein * oliver_at_bioch.ox.ac.uk
 http://indigo1.biop.ox.ac.uk/oliver/