From: John Stone (johns_at_ks.uiuc.edu)
Date: Fri Jan 25 2008 - 14:32:42 CST

Irene,
  I'm assuming your running the machine out of memory. The easy
solution is to load chunks of the trajectory at a time as they will
fit into physical memory. You can either do this by writing another
loop that processes N frames at a time loading/deleting as necessary,
or you could use a variation of the BigDCD script and just have it use
the one-and-only frame that's loaded at each callback. Look in the
previous VMD-L messages last month or two for a few others that were
doing this.

Cheers,