From: Wesley Smith (wesley.hoke_at_gmail.com)
Date: Thu Jan 24 2008 - 22:53:58 CST

Hi,
Well, my mods are less of an improvement that the start of hacking at
VMD to compile it into a Lua plugin. I'm doing this not to take
advantage of VMD's rendering capabilities, but instead to make use of
the ridiculous number of file formats it can read. I then use Lua
some more with VTK bindings to pipe in the Volume and Molecule data
for rendering with that lib.
wes