From: ZT Yew (jamieno10_at_hotmail.com)
Date: Tue Oct 16 2007 - 10:13:22 CDT

Hi,

I installed 1.8.5 and 1.8.6 (both 32 and 64bit versions) on a mac-pro (8 core, Geforce 7300 GT) running ubuntu 7.10rc. Installation went fine. I've download and installed all the latest drivers for ubuntu.

The first time running vmd is fine and perhaps the 2nd and 3rd time, but after that, vmd doesn't load. All I see is a very quick flicker of the screen coupled with a quick opening and closing of the vmd console on the bottom right. Another issue is not being able to run command line options like -pdb or -dcd (when vmd does work) even though the files load perfectly well if I do so manually via the vmd GUI.

I'm not sure what's wrong? Anyone managed to run vmd smoothly on a mac pro with ubuntu 7.10rc?

Please advise.

Thanks!

ZT
Manage multiple email accounts with Windows Live Mail!
http://www.get.live.com/wl/all