From: Θωμας Ευαγγελιδης (te8624_at_mbg.duth.gr)
Date: Tue Sep 11 2007 - 13:56:32 CDT

Leo,
this is not an option, my script is too big!
Try to run the following simple script instead, just to see what I mean:

play mybigdcd.tcl

mol load psf DCD_with_cell.psf

proc write { frm } {
if {$frm>51} {
return
}
puts "frame=$frm"
animate write pdb wholeframe_$frm.pdb beg 0 end 0 waitfor all top
}

bigdcd write DCD_with_cell.dcd

bigdcd_wait_till_done

for {set i 1 } {$i<=51} {set i [expr $i+10]} {
puts "i=$i,"
mol load pdb wholeframe_$i.pdb
}

My trajectory is DCD_with_cell and it has 51 frames. Can you see that return
inside proc write? If I include it everything works fine, but if I omit it, VMD
does its job correctly but at the end it tries to write more frames than 51 (it
goes up to 55) and at the output I get "Illegal frames requested...".
One way you could help me is by finding a way to get the number of frames of a
trajectory while using bigdcd to load it.I have tried to set a global variable
$num_frames inside bigdcd proc in various ways, but nothing worked.

Thomas