From: jen ramus (vanillajava_at_yahoo.com)
Date: Mon Oct 28 2002 - 19:30:04 CST

I have been trying to send commands to VMD through a
socket. I would like to check the socket every second
for commmands. I have sucessfully written a python
version which uses the "display_update" callback to
check the socket.

VMDCallback.add_callback('display_update', methodName)

Now I am trying to re write the code in tcl so I can
run it on windows machines. There does not seem to be
a similar callback for tcl. I need to allow VMD to
continue running between socket checks. I have looked
for a way to run a separate process but have not been
able to find any.

Has anyone got any ideas on how it can be done?