From: John Stone (johns_at_ks.uiuc.edu)
Date: Tue Aug 13 2002 - 15:29:37 CDT

Dear Jill,
  The Eye3D shouldn't even need any special video drivers in order to
work with Windows XP, but the problem you described where it doesn't get
power sounds more serious and is most likely the real source of trouble.
Its possible that the Eye3D glasses would need a power adapter to work
on your system, I'd recommend calling them and ask about that. They
made one for me so that I could do some tests on some non-PC hardware
that had similar problems, perhaps that would cure your problem as well.

As far as the E-D glasses go, they appear similar to the Eye3D glasses
but you will have to have a video driver that will support quad-buffered
stereo rendering, as I don't believe they support the line-blanking or
scanline-interleaved stereo format that VMD uses for the Eye3D glasses.

If anyone else has comments, feel free to chime in...