From: John Stone (johns_at_ks.uiuc.edu)
Date: Fri Aug 02 2002 - 10:48:41 CDT

Dear Raj,
  I assume that you have an EDM file of some sort? If so, then
you can get VMD to draw a "volume slice" which is a textured plane
that passes through the dataset. You will have to use the "readedm"
script (in the VMD script library on the web page) if you wish to
use an EDM file, we also have a script that reads Gaussian cube files,
for other data formats you will need to write your own loader script.
If you don't have any files containing electron density, you can get
other packages off the net that calculate such maps and save them in
files which can either be directly loaded or converted to files that can
be loaded into VMD.

Thanks for using VMD,