From: John Stone (johns_at_ks.uiuc.edu)
Date: Wed Jul 17 2002 - 15:13:46 CDT

Dear Jennifer,
  We do plan to provide built-in Python interpreters on
more platforms but had not done so up to this point due
to problems we ran into previously. I think we could
probably get Python going on Windows since various code
has been changed, but I don't remember what the issue (if any)
was for getting it to work on SGI. My colleague Justin
Gullingsrud is our local Python expert, so he can provide
more details on the state of Python + VMD, hopefully
he'll followup on this message with more concrete
information when he gets a chance.

Thanks,