From: John Stone (johns_at_ks.uiuc.edu)
Date: Tue Apr 02 2002 - 11:18:55 CST

Dear Peter,
  This bug should be cured in VMD 1.7.1, if you use the
Render, or POV-Ray export options. Tachyon produces correctly oriented
output for perspective renderings, but since it doesn't do orthographic
rendering yet, it doesn't match for orthographic VMD scenes. I'd
recommend using one of those three options to get the best matching output
in VMD 1.7.1. I'd strongly recommend upgrading to VMD 1.7.1 on your Linux
systems if you're attempting to produce images with the ray tracers etc.
Please let us know if you need help getting your images to look the way
you want.

Thanks,