From: tom keyes (keyes_at_chem.bu.edu)
Date: Wed Oct 31 2001 - 17:24:04 CST

I thought I had solved the problem of animating a series of trajectories
with a frame-dependent coloring scheme. A colleague showed me that I could
just concatenate N pdb files in the format:
MODEL 1
frame1.pdb
ENDMDL
etc
MODEL n
framen.pdb
ENDMDL
etc
MODEL N
frameN.pdb
ENDMDL

and I was excited to find that VMD would read that file, with .pdb
extension, as having N frames and happily animate them. However I put my
color variable in the beta field, different for each molecule in each
frame, and the molecules don't change color through the animation. I'd
guess that VMD is assigning the colors based on the first frame, just as if
it were reading a single pdb file plus a crd file. Is there any way to get
VMD to read the color on each frame. What's the simplest way to animate
with time-dependent coloring?

TIA
Tom