From: John Stone (johns_at_ks.uiuc.edu)
Date: Wed Jul 06 2005 - 13:02:03 CDT

Oliver,
  That's encouraging that it works with gcc. Which gcc version did you use?
Up to this point I've built the Itanium VMD using the Intel compilers since
they give MUCH better performance than gcc on that chip. I'm not sure if
it's possible to link C++ code between gcc/icc (normally it isn't, but maybe
they've made them use compatible name manging in this case). Otherwise I'll
have to try compiling VRPN with icc. I'll try to get this done soon, but
as I said, I have a few other things that are higher priority just this
moment. If you guys want to have at it, I'd be happy to hear your results
if you build your own using icc, and/or by mixing icc/gcc if necessary.

  John