From: Suleman Ansari (P19PH004) (ansari.1_at_iitj.ac.in)
Date: Thu Dec 07 2023 - 10:53:27 CST

Hello Diego,
Thank you for looking into the issue and providing me with literature about
the color scale.

What I want to achieve is the following:
I have a lammps trajectory containing each atom's velocity (vx).
I load the vx values of an atom into coloring_method>Trajectory>User>User
values to color each atom to its velocities.
Now, after doing all the settings, such as coloring method, offset, and
midpoint, I want to save the visualization state file.

When I save the visualization state file and reload it again, everything
gets restored except the offset and midpoint of the color scale.
I want to restore the offset and midpoint of the color scale through the
visualization state file.

I attempted to save the following commands into the visualization state
file:
>> color scale method RGB
>> color scale midpoint 0.50
>> color scale min 0.25
Which could restore the coloring method and offset.

If I use the above three commands in the following sequence,
>> color scale method RGB
>> color scale min 0.25
>> color scale midpoint 0.50
then, the coloring method and the midpoint are restored.

Somehow, in my opinion, among the above three commands, the effect of the
third command is nullifying the effect of the second command.

Please let me know if you need anything else from my side.
Looking forward to hearing from you.