From: Michael Krause (michael.krause_at_rwth-aachen.de)
Date: Fri Sep 12 2014 - 02:40:13 CDT

Dear Mr. Stone,

thank you very much! The solution was indeed to compile FreeVR without
pthreads support.
Now I have a different problem. I have these lines in my .vmdsensors to
get the FreeVR tracker into vmd:

device freevrtracker freevrtracker://local/freevr
scale 0.25
offset -0.5 -3 -0.7
rot left 0 0 -1 0 1 0 1 0 0

The "rot left" option was necessary to make the pointer in vmd look
forward. I can translate the tracker in all three directions and it
works accordingly in vmd. However, rotating the tracker around one of
its axes makes the pointer in vmd rotate around another axis. It seems
as though the rotation option in .vmdsensors worked to get the
translation of the tracker right but the rotation was unchanged.

Do you have an idea how to solve this?

Best wishes,
 Michael Krause