From: John Stone (johns_at_ks.uiuc.edu)
Date: Mon Oct 06 2003 - 17:39:34 CDT

Hi,
  I thought I'd pass on this useful followup information about the stereo
problems one group of people ran into.

Thanks,

----- Forwarded message from "Kim, Kwiseon" <kwiseon_kim_at_nrel.gov> -----

From: "Kim, Kwiseon" <kwiseon_kim_at_nrel.gov>
To: 'Jérôme Hénin' <jerome.henin_at_uhp-nancy.fr>,
        "'John Stone'" <johns_at_ks.uiuc.edu>
Subject: RE: vmd-l: NVIDIA Quadro - CrystalEyes - Windows
Date: Mon, 6 Oct 2003 16:30:42 -0600

 Hi,

 Just to let you know and thank you
 that finally the Stereo VMD (as well as Stereo Amira, PyMoL) works great on
Windows XP
 for our Xi computer with opterons, nVidia Quadro FX3000, and CrystalEyes.

 I installed the latest Graphics NVIDIA driver 45.23 for Quadro. (44.71
works too.)
 But I had also installed the "Consumer 3D Stereo 45.23" driver for "all
Graphics card",
 which broke the OpenGL stereo for some unknown reason.
 The 3D Stereo driver had a small print before download saying
 "NVIDIA 3D Stereo software is the driver for use
 with NVIDIA 3D Certified Display products.
 Downloads this driver only If are not using a 3D Stereo product.",
 which I missed at the first time.

 Only after a clean un-installation
 of the (Consumer) 3D Stereo nVidia driver 45.23, (From Add/Remove programs)
 the OpenGL Stereo with quad buffer could be activated.

 Thank you.

 Kwiseon