From: phubbard_at_post.its.mcw.edu
Date: Wed Jan 22 2003 - 14:45:36 CST

Hello,

Thanks for the quick reply. With reagrds to defining a subset - distance
would be the best (I have used this method in InsightII and it works
well). Could you please tell me how I do this as I've had limited
experience with VMD (just the point 'n' click stuff).

With regards to MSMS: I've tried the following

paul_at_iris10 % > msms
MSMS 2.4.1 started on iris10
Copyright M.F. Sanner (1994)
Compilation flags -O2 -Olimit 660 -xansi -DVERBOSE -DTIMING -DFUNCPROTO
-fullwarn -mips2
MSMS: No input stream specified
paul_at_iris10 % > which msms
/usr10/local/bin/msms
paul_at_iris10 % > setenv MSMSSERVER /usr10/local/bin/msms
paul_at_iris10 % > vmd

Info) Starting MSMS with: '/usr10/local/bin/msms -no_area -socketPort 1357
> /dev/tty &'
Info) Waiting for MSMS server ...
Info) Waiting for MSMS server ...
Info) Waiting for MSMS server ...
Info) Waiting for MSMS server ...
ERROR) Could not connect to MSMS server. Please check that the program
'/usr10/local/bin/msms' exists and is executable, or set the environment
variableMSMSSERVER to point to the correct binary.
Info) Could not compute MSMS surface
Info) Done with MSMS surface.

Thanks

AGS