From: Raik Gruenberg (Raik.Gruenberg_at_EMBL-Heidelberg.de)
Date: Mon Dec 11 2000 - 10:40:13 CST

Hi,

I use VMD 1.5 to visualize AMBER MD trajectories. I wanted VMD to update
the secondary structure representation (cartoon) during an animation.
Unfortunately, neither of the two variants described in the manual seem to
work.

OK, here are some more details:
I first tried the 4-line method
(proc structure_trace ...
trace variable vmd_frame w structure_trace).

Then I sourced in and used the sscache methods from the documentation - no
success. After calling start_sscache the method sscache is indeed called
whenever the frame changes but three things are strange:

1) it never enters the
>if [info exists sscache_data($index,$frame)] { ...
part, even if the frame was visited before
2) yet, it never seems to get to the last return statement
3) the variable sscache_data doesn't seem to exist anyway.
info exists sscache
always yields 0

Any suggestions?
Thanks a lot!
Raik

Raik Gruenberg | EMBL
                                | Meyerhofstr. 1
gruenber_at_embl-heidelberg.de | D-69117 Heidelberg
Tel: +49/62 21/38 72 96 | Germany
        http://www.raiks.de/contact.html