Re: When should I use NTER and NNEU as a patch?

From: Brian Radak (brian.radak_at_gmail.com)
Date: Wed Oct 12 2022 - 13:47:03 CDT

The answer, of course, depends on your system under study. It's fairly
common practice, at least for protein-ligand binding in globular proteins
to use the ACE and NME capping groups to avoid adding charges when large
gaps exist in a structure. This is preferable, in my opinion, than using
the neutral patches which may produce spurious h bond donor/acceptors.

HTH,
BKR