Re: ABF Free Energy Calculation

From: fhh2626_at_gmail.com
Date: Tue Oct 04 2022 - 01:43:42 CDT

Hi, Joey,

Generally, you may want to read this paper (https://urldefense.com/v3/__https://www.nature.com/articles/s41596-021-00676-1__;!!DZ3fjg!5ewyr6eeyM_QLNQ6ApzQcZXC4nU8V7VyVsjF04vG3Q5CJ7za_5KDaNnBdV59pGt4RyYhC8klq4_JQo6b$ ) and use the automated tool for the task.

Regarding your question,
(1) You should reasonably set the range of the CVs to guarantee sufficient sampling of all bins. Otherwise the simulation may not be converged.
(2) In the unbound-state simulation, there should not be a harmonic restraint. See input files of step 8 generated by BFEE2.
(3) I do not understand the question. k can be an any value. The contribution of harmonic restraints, which is added one by one, will be calculated by post-treatments.

Best,
Haohao

fhh2626_at_gmail.com