Re: Creating a New Patch for RNA

From: Josh Vermaas (vermaasj_at_msu.edu)
Date: Mon Sep 05 2022 - 05:39:14 CDT

Hi Colin,

That basically sounds similar to what I would have done. In the grand
scheme of things, adjusting 1 charge by -0.003 is peanuts. That being
said, its connected to a phosphate group, so a useful experiment is to
see what the charge distribution on a phosphorylated imidazolium would
look like. You have the freedom to put the charge wherever you like, and
CGenFF may have decided that there is a small amount of charge transfer
to the phosphate. So if you compare the charges for the RNA piece
obtained from CGenFF with the regular nucleic acid force field, it may
be that the only charge change occurs on the phosphate group, rather
than on the carbon.

-Josh