Re: Force and RMSD Values for TMD

From: Vermaas, Josh (vermaasj_at_msu.edu)
Date: Thu Jun 30 2022 - 16:05:10 CDT

Hi Mukerrem,

I can't comment on TMD too much, but I think not being able to get below 1 angstrom RMSD is very common. The way to think about this that there is literally only 1 conformation that can have exactly 0 RMSD. There are more conformations that have 1 angstrom RMSD from the target, and even more that have 2 angstrom RMSD from the target, and so on. So it gets progressively harder for targeted forces to trap a structure in a given state so long as there is a thermostat in place heating up the system.

-Josh