Applying unidirectional pressure on a membrane protein system

From: Sruthi Sundaresan (bo20resch11002_at_iith.ac.in)
Date: Sat May 28 2022 - 01:38:36 CDT

Dear Users,
I would like to know how to apply pressure on a membrane protein in one
direction. I am running the simulations on NAMD3.0 and used the following
lines in the input files to apply pressure:

*useConstantArea yes;*
*useflexiblecell yes;*

*SurfaceTensionTarget 0.0;*

*langevinPiston on;*

*langevinPistonTarget 4000.00;*

*langevinPistonPeriod 100.0;*

*langevinPistonDecay 50.0;*

The above lines help to apply pressure on the z-axis alone while keeping
the area of the x-y plane constant.
My system seems to get compressed along the z-axis, however, I'd like to
know how to apply pressure selectively in one direction alone (either +z or
-z).

Thanks and regards,

<https://urldefense.com/v3/__https://iith.ac.in/__;!!DZ3fjg!8Yq32Y9tumEvFF5hsp1Ux2ge91-dRl8CGnvJ4_K0R35Skzcfmye1M6Q5o1zdnKWsPHnD2V3J95oifkOolanli7QuQG6Bqw$>

Sruthi Sundaresan

Ph.D. Research Scholar

C/o Dr. Thenmalarchelvi Rathinavelan

Molecular Biophysics Lab, Department of Biotechnology

<https://urldefense.com/v3/__https://www.iith.ac.in/*tr/Home.html__;fg!!DZ3fjg!8Yq32Y9tumEvFF5hsp1Ux2ge91-dRl8CGnvJ4_K0R35Skzcfmye1M6Q5o1zdnKWsPHnD2V3J95oifkOolanli7SDABSjUw$>

<https://urldefense.com/v3/__https://www.linkedin.com/in/sruthisundaresan/__;!!DZ3fjg!8Yq32Y9tumEvFF5hsp1Ux2ge91-dRl8CGnvJ4_K0R35Skzcfmye1M6Q5o1zdnKWsPHnD2V3J95oifkOolanli7Snfz63EA$>

<https://urldefense.com/v3/__https://twitter.com/MBL_IITH__;!!DZ3fjg!8Yq32Y9tumEvFF5hsp1Ux2ge91-dRl8CGnvJ4_K0R35Skzcfmye1M6Q5o1zdnKWsPHnD2V3J95oifkOolanli7R7YCrAMw$>

--
Disclaimer:- This footer text is to convey that this email is sent by one
of the users of IITH. So, do not mark it as SPAM.