Re: Applying pressure on membrane protein system

From: Geist, Norman (norman.geist_at_uni-greifswald.de)
Date: Thu May 12 2022 - 00:26:04 CDT

Hi,

the input looks fine for applying the pressure in only one direction
(Z), however, you might need to set "useflexiblecell yes", too. Away
from that, there's no different on the direction of applying the
pressure (-z or +z) as it is same thing (periodic boundary condition).
Do you mean compressing or strechtich the box? In this case, the sign
of the applied target pressure will probably give you the direction.

Unfortunately, you can't select atoms to apply the pressure on. In
this case, you may be more interested in constant velocity or constant
force pulling.

Bests
Norman Geist