Re:

From: Geist, Norman (norman.geist_at_uni-greifswald.de)
Date: Thu Apr 14 2022 - 00:42:06 CDT

Hi Sarbajit,

you can easily extract the system as a PSF/PDB file pair without water
from VMD and than resolvate your desired solvent. Eg:

set a [atomselect top "not water"]
$a writepsd my.psf
$a writepdb my.pdb

Than loads psf and pdb (in that order) and use the solvate plugin.
However, you might have to prepare the required files (TIP4P solvent
box) for the solvate plugin.

Alternatively, you can try retyping your system with CHARMM-GUI
(without water) and solvate there.

Bests
Norman